Ways to Give
Last year, LEAVEN distributed nearly $825,000 in direct client assistance. We rely on the support and generosity of our community to meet our annual operational needs.
Every dollar counts. Will you help us today? Donate here, or learn about other ways to give below.
Many businesses, churches, youth groups, or other community groups often seek ways to help the needy in our community. Donations of goods and gift cards help our clients in ways that go beyond our usual assistance. We have ongoing needs for:
- Diapers, all sizes (but mostly sizes 5 and 6 needed)
- Shampoo and conditioner
- Laundry detergent
- Antibacterial wipes
- Toothpaste, toothbrushes, dental floss
- Grocery store gift certificates
- Copy paper
Donations of professional services such as electrical and plumbing repairs, cleaning services, and office equipment repairs keep LEAVEN’s administrative costs extremely low enabling greater financial assistance to our clients.
Company Matching Gifts
A matching gift by your company or organization increases your generosity to LEAVEN by adding the matching amount to your gift at no additional expense to you. It is easy to make a matching gift: simply contact your Human Resources Department and inquire about your company’s matching employee donations policy. Many companies have an on-line process, please be sure to choose LEAVEN as the recipient of your gift. Send any paperwork to LEAVEN, 1475 Opportunity Way, Menasha, WI 54952.
Prior to transferring shares, please contact LEAVEN at 920-738-9635 with the stock name and number of shares to be transferred. This will help ensure your gift is promptly and properly administered. LEAVEN will supply you with their broker information and transfer instructions. If you are making your gift at year-end, we encourage you to initiate the transfer no later than Dec. 20 to ensure your gift is completed (and your tax deduction secured) by Dec. 31.
LEAVEN Endowment Fund
Fox Cities residents have provided generous donations that support thousands of our neighbors in need as they weather temporary financial emergencies. these contributions are critical. We also rely on those who support us through our two endowment funds and planned giving:
- The LEAVEN Administrative Endowment Fund was established to help cover the costs of administering our programs. When fully funded, it will allow all of our community donations and contributions to be used to provide direct financial assistance to the men, women and families who come to us for help. Because of LEAVEN’s fiscal stewardship, the percentage of the overall budget that goes to administrative costs is remarkably low.
- The LEAVEN Program Endowment Fund was established to provide future support for the mission of LEAVEN. The fund’s proceeds are used only for client support.
- Planned giving provides tax advantages to donors and is an important part of estate planning. By providing for LEAVEN in your will, you can ensure a legacy of caring in the community that will last as long as the need exists.
- The Legacy Society honors donors who make a gift of at least $1,000 to one or both of the endowment funds, or who name LEAVEN in their will. Established in 2007, over 100 generous donors became members of the Legacy Society in its first year.
The Thrivent Choice program is an easy way for eligible Thrivent members to recommend how Thrivent Financial distributes a portion of its charitable outreach funds by directing Choice Dollars to registered organizations. To learn more about the program, call Thrivent Financial at 800-847-4836.
You can also support LEAVEN by shopping on amazon.com through the Smile program.