LEAVEN (Limited Emergency Assistance Valley Ecumenical Network) is a volunteer, community based non-profit organization.
LEAVEN stabilizes and empowers people in financial crisis by providing financial assistance, referrals, and case management to address their near-term and long-term basic needs.
What does LEAVEN do?
LEAVEN provides limited financial assistance to people who are struggling to meet their basic needs and have nowhere else to turn for help. In addition, we connect people to other resources in the community through referrals, advocacy and service coordination. We help with:
- Rent, mortgage payments and security deposits
- Utilities – including water, gas, electricity, propane and fuel oil
- Car repairs
- Health insurance premiums
- Gas vouchers, bus passes, diapers and toiletries
- Referrals for clothing and furniture
- And other basic necessities
LEAVEN’s help is typically immediate, short-term and emergency based.
To learn more about LEAVEN you can view the 2015 Annual Report here.